Jump to the main content block

Motorcycle Transfer

A- A A+
Required documents
  • Original copy of national I.D. card from both the buyer and the seller (or military service I.D. card or alien residence permit). (In individual’s name: Please submit two forms of I.D. for verification if it is entrusted to the any person that is not working in the commissioned vehicle trading industry. Please refer to Notes. Please submit official letters issued by the competent authority for the approval of the company’s or establishment’s registration (please enclose the registration form if it is a company) or registration certificate issued by the competent authority for the company’s or the establishment’s (if it is in the company’s name)).
  • Vehicle registration certificate.
  • Vehicle transfer registration form with seals affixed by both parties.
  • Compulsory automobile liability insurance certificate (the validity should be more than 30 days, and please deal with the change of vehicle owner at the insurance company or handle rights transfer according to the rules).
  • NT$150.
  • Companies and establishments that submit photocopies of  the above documents for verification must provide a copy of the latest business tax payment certificate.
  • Any outstanding fines and taxes should be paid off first (If the payment has been made within the past two months, please submit the receipt).
  • Temporary inspections shall be carried out at the Motor Vehicles Office for motorcycles that were manufactured more over than 5 (included) years when dealing with the transfer.
  • According to the provision in the Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Act, no transfer registration can be carried out if the validity of the insurance certificate is less than 30 days.
    If the transfer is entrusted to anyone who is not working in the vehicle trading industry, please submit the entrusted person’s I.D. card and vehicle owners’ valid driving license or national health insurance cards or passports (including the buyer’s and the seller’s) other than the required documents above. However, notarized documents by the court or private notary publics can be used to replace vehicle owners’ valid driving license or national health insurance cards or passports.
Visitors: 317 Update Date: 111-10-03 Maintenance Unit: Vehicle Management Section, Kaohsiung Motor Vehicles Office